VIDEO: RANGER XP 1000 NorthStar Edition or RANGER CREW XP 1000 NorthStar Edition Transmission Fluid Replacement
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RANGER. To change the transmission fluid on your RANGER XP 1000 NorthStar Edition or RANGER CREW XP 1000 NorthStar Edition, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Ensure the vehicle is in PARK.
3. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission. Tip: Place a rag in the bottom of the drain pan to prevent the splashing of fluid.
4. Clean the area around the fill plug.
5. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the transmission fill plug and set aside.
6. Access the drain plug through the drain hole in the skid plate and clean the drain plug area.
7. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the drain plug and allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs. Replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
11. Fill the transmission through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out.
12. Reinstall the transmission fill plug. Torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
13. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
14. Dispose of the used fluid properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you through the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.