For some RANGER vehicles, Polaris offers key blanks that can be cut using an existing key. If both keys have been lost, you will need to replace the ignition. Contact your Polaris Dealer for key and ignition replacement assistance. Reference the information below when contacting them.
Key blanks are not available for model year 2021 and newer RANGER vehicles, as well as the vehicles listed below.
- Model year 2018-2021 RANGER 1000/RANGER CREW 1000
- Model year 2017-2021 RANGER XP 1000
- Model year 2017, 2019-2021 RANGER CREW XP 1000
- Model year 2016 RANGER CREW XP 900
If both keys have been misplaced for one of these vehicles, you must replace the ignition. See an authorized Polaris Dealer for assistance.
Key blanks are available for models not listed above. RANGER vehicles and the youth RANGER 150 have a four-digit code on the original key, as shown below. Model year 2010 RANGER EV uses the same key. To identify which series the key is, compare the key to the chart below. For 4000 series blanks, reference all four digits stamped on the original key.
If both keys have been misplaced, you must replace the ignition. See an authorized Polaris Dealer for assistance.
RANGER EV Keys
Model 2011 and newer RANGER EV models use keys with a right-hand groove or left-hand groove. Groove is determined when holding the key, ready to put into the ignition.
- If your key has a groove on the right-hand side, use key blank 0453143.
- If your key has a groove on the left-hand side, use key blank 0453372. Polaris only offers key blanks that can be cut using an existing key. These key blanks will need to be cut to match an original key. If both keys have been lost, you will need to replace the ignition.
Series 99 RANGER 6x6
These models use a square-style key. The square-style keys are identified by one or more dots on the key. The dots correspond to letter codes, the last digit of the part number. The ignition switch body will also have a letter code on the underside if the keys are not available.
The Polaris Key Cover is part number 5433534 and fits almost all RANGER products, including RANGER 150. It does not fit Series 99 RANGER models.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.