VIDEO: RANGER XP 1000 and RANGER CREW XP 1000 Maintenance Procedures
This video demonstrates common maintenance procedures for your Polaris RANGER XP 1000 or RANGER CREW XP 1000. It includes checking your coolant level (:45) and tire pressure (1:10), inspecting your air filter (1:40), checking rear (2:37) and front (3:11) gearcase fluid, and inspecting and changing your belt (3:46).
- The coolant capacity is 5 quarts (4.75 liters).
- When adding coolant, remove both the cap (6) and plug (7) before filling the reservoir.
- The tire pressure on a RANGER XP 1000 should be 10 psi (69 kPa) on the front tires and 12 psi (82 kPa) on the rear tires.
- On a RANGER CREW XP 1000, the tire pressure should be 10 psi (69 kPa) on the front tires and 14 psi (96 kPa) on the rear tires.
- The air filter for a RANGER XP 1000 is part number 7082265.
- The air filter seal is part number 5814776.
- The transmission drain plug and fill plug require an 8mm Allen socket.
- They should be torqued to 10 to 14 ft-lbs (14 to 19 Nm).
- The transmission requires 44 ounces (1,300 mL) of AGL Gearcase Lubricant.
- The front gearcase drain plug and fill plug require an 8mm Allen socket. They should be torqued to 8 to 10 ft-lbs (11 to 14 Nm).
- The front gearcase requires 8.5 oz (250 mL) of Demand Drive Fluid.
- The belt cover is fastened with nine 8mm bolts. They should be torqued to 35 in-lbs (4 Nm).
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you through the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications for your vehicle can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.