Poor lighting can result in reduced visibility when driving. Headlight and taillight lenses become dirty during normal operation. Clean lights frequently and replace burned out lamps promptly. Do not operate your Polaris RANGER at night or in low light conditions until the headlight is replaced. Always make sure lights are adjusted properly for best visibility.
When servicing a halogen lamp, don't touch the lamp with bare fingers. Oil from your skin leaves a residue, causing a hot spot that will shorten the life of the lamp. Caution: Hot components can cause burns to skin. Allow lamps to cool before servicing.
Halogen Headlight Bulb Replacement For RANGER 500, 570, 570 Full-Size, EV, RANGER XP 900, RANGER CREW 570-4, RANGER CREW 570-6, RANGER CREW XP 900
1. Access the headlamp wiring harness through the front wheel wells.
2. Unplug the the headlamps from the wiring harness. Be sure to pull on the connector, not on the wiring.
3. Turn the lamp counterclockwise to remove it.
4. Install the new lamp. Make sure the tab on the lamp locates properly in the housing. The bulb is part number 4010253 for RANGER 500, RANGER 570 Mid-Size, RANGER 570 Full-Size, Ranger EV Mid-Size, and RANGER CREW 570-4 and RANGER CREW 570-6 models. For RANGER XP 900 and RANGER CREW XP 900 models, the bulb is part number 4012279.
5. Reinstall the harness assembly into the headlight assembly.
Halogen Headlight Bulb Replacement For RANGER 1000, RANGER XP 1000 EPS, RANGER CREW 1000, RANGER CREW XP 1000
1. Remove the hood from the front cab. To remove the hood, rotate the hood latches (1) 1/4-turn and lift the hood away from the vehicle.
2. Locate the bulb on the back side of the headlight housing.
3. Disconnect the harness from the bulb. Be sure to pull on the connector (1), not on the wiring.
4. Turn the bulb counterclockwise and remove it from the headlight housing, as shown above.
5. Install the new bulb into the housing and rotate it clockwise 90 degrees to lock it in place. Make sure the tab on the bulb locates properly in the housing. The bulb is part number 4012279.
6. Install the harness onto the new headlight bulb and re-install the hood.
LED Headlight Replacement for RANGER XP 1000/CREW XP 1000 and RANGER XP Kinetic
Some model year 2021 and newer models are equipped with integrated LED lights. In the event of a failure, the entire assembly must be replaced. See your Polaris Dealer for assistance.
Headlight Beam Adjustment For RANGER 500, 570, 570 Full-Size, EV, RANGER XP 900, RANGER CREW 570-4, RANGER CREW 570-6, RANGER CREW XP 900
1. Ensure the tire pressure of all tires is at recommended levels.
2. Place the vehicle on a level surface with the headlight approximately 25 feet (7.6 m) from a wall.
3. Measure the distance from the floor to the center of the headlight and make a mark on the wall at the same height.
4. Apply the brakes. Start the engine. Turn on the low-beam headlights.
5. Observe the headlight aim. The most intense part of the headlight beam should be aimed 8 inches (20 cm) below the mark placed on the wall. Include the weight of a rider on the seat while performing this step.
6. If a headlight needs adjustment, locate the adjustment screw at the back of the headlight with a T25 TORX® socket.
7. Loosen the screw with a Phillips screwdriver, adjust the headlight and tighten the screw.
8. Repeat the previous three steps until the lamp is properly adjusted.
Headlight Beam Adjustment For RANGER 1000, RANGER XP 1000, RANGER CREW 1000, RANGER CREW XP 1000
1. Place the vehicle on a level surface with the headlight approximately 25 feet (7.6 m) (3) from a wall.
|1||Measure Distance = 7.5 in (19 cm)|
|2||Measure Distance = 25 ft (7.6 m)|
|3||Headlight Center of Bulb|
2. Measure the distance from the floor to the center of the headlight and make a mark on the wall at the same height.
3. With the machine in PARK, start the engine and turn the headlight switch to the LOW position.
4. The most intense part of the LOW beam headlight beam should be aimed 7.5 inches (19 cm) (1) below the mark placed on the wall. Rider weight must be included in the seat while performing this procedure.
5. Adjust the beam to the desired position by loosening or tightening the adjustment screws with a T25 TORX® socket and moving the lamp to the appropriate height.
6. Adjust the beam to the desired position. Repeat the procedure to adjust the other headlight.
Warning: Due to the nature of light utility vehicles and where they are operated, headlight lenses become dirty. Frequently washing is necessary to maintain lighting quality. Riding with poor lighting can result in severe injury or death.
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.