The HVAC control panel, pictured below, can be found in the center of the vehicle's dash.
To operate the cab heater, rotate the fan control (1) to the desired fan speed setting. The far left setting turns the fan off.
Adjust the temperature by rotating the temperature control (2) to the desired heat setting. Rotate the control clockwise to increase heat or counter-clockwise to decrease heat.
Press the top of the A/C switch (3) to enable the air conditioning system for cooling or defrost purposes.
The air conditioning filter is located below the dash. To clean the filter:
1. Remove the two push dart fasteners holding the lower center dash bin in place using the pliers included in the vehicle’s tool kit and remove the bin.
2. Remove the filter by pressing on the retaining tab on the right hand side of the filter. Clean the filter with low air pressure. Check for damage and replace if damaged (part number 5453517).
The cabin air filter is located under the hood. To clean the cabin air filter:
1. Remove the hood and the cabin air filter by loosening the hose clamp with a flat screwdriver.
2. Clean the filter with low air pressure. Check for damage and replace if damaged (part number 1262218).
Washing the vehicle with a high-pressure hose could damage the radiator fins and impair the radiator's effectiveness. Using a high-pressure system is not recommended.
The condenser is located at the front of the vehicle, behind the grille. To clean your condenser, do the following:
1. Stop the machine on a flat, level surface. Place the gear selector in PARK. Stop the engine and exit the vehicle.
2. Remove the front grille of the vehicle by pushing down on the two grille tabs (1) and pull the top of the grille toward the front of the vehicle.
3. Use low pressure air or water to clean the condenser.
4. Reinstall the front grille and ensure it is snapped into place.
Only licensed and certified professionals are allowed to check and maintain air conditioning refrigerant levels. If you need service performed on your air conditioning system, see your Polaris Dealer. To find a Polaris Dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
For more maintenance information for your RANGER, consult your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.