Before you ride your Polaris RANGER EV, perform the pre-ride inspection as described in your Owner’s Manual. Read, understand and follow all of the instructions, warnings and safety precautions in the Owner’s Manual and on all product labels. Failure to follow these instructions, warnings and safety precautions could result in serious injury or death.
During your pre-ride inspection, do the following:
1. Visually inspect the vehicle, looking for debris, leaks and worn components that may impair the vehicle’s operation.
2. Check the condition of the tires, looking for any sign of punctures or damage. Verify there is proper tread depth.
3. Check the tire pressures and verify that they are to specification. The tire pressure should be 20 psi (138 kPa) on all tires.
4. Inspect the front and rear suspension for leaks, debris and damage.
5. Inspect the brake pads and rotors, looking for corrosion, nicks and burrs.
6. Next, inspect the brake fluid level. Ensure the vehicle is on a level surface. Inspect the brake reservoir underneath the left front fender for proper fluid level. Add fluid as needed. Tip: Use a flashlight to illuminate the brake fluid reservoir.
7. Lift up the seats and remove the storage bins to visually inspect the batteries. Check for tightness of terminal connections and corrosion on terminals.
8. Ensure the cargo box is securely latched.
9. Make sure the tailgate is closed securely.
10. Turn the key on and inspect the headlights, taillights and brake lights for proper operation.
11. Most importantly, check the condition and function of the seat belt.
- Pull the seat belt completely out and inspect for cuts, wear, fraying, dirt, debris or stiffness.
- Test the buckle and latch for proper operation. Caution: Always wear a seat belt when riding.
12. Sit in the vehicle and check the steering wheel for smooth operation from full left to full right.
13. Verify proper brake, parking brake and throttle pedal movement, taking note of any binding or sticking.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.