Required Tools and Supplies:
- Allen Socket Set
- Shop Rags
- AGL Synthetic Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid
- Torque Wrench
- Drain Pan
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RANGER. To change the transmission fluid on your RANGER 800, RANGER 800 XP, RANGER 800 HD or RANGER CREW 800, follow these steps. Note the fill plug is located on the rear of the gearcase. A level check/alternate fill plug is located on the side of the gearcase. The transmission fluid level should be maintained even with the bottom of the level check/alternate fill plug hole threads. The drain plug is located near the bottom of the gearcase.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Make sure the vehicle is in PARK.
3. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission drain plug. Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
4. Clean the area around the rear fill plug and the level check/alternate fill plug.
5. Remove the rear fill plug and the level check/alternate fill plug.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Remove the drain plug and allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 12 ft-lbs (16.3 Nm).
10. Fill the gearcase through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads of the level check/alternate fill plug hole. The fluid capacity is 34 ounces (1,000 ml). AGL Synthetic Gearcase Lubricant and Transmission Fluid is part number 2878068 for 1 quart (946 ml) and part number 2878069 for 1 gallon (3.78 L).
11. Reinstall both fill plugs. Torque to 12 ft-lbs (16.3 Nm).
12. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
13. Dispose of the used fluid properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.