Required Tools and Supplies:
- 8mm Allen Socket
- Torque Wrench
- AGL Fluid
- Drain pan
- Fluid filler
- Shop rags
- Eye protection
- Nitrile Gloves
For more information on tools, read Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RANGER.
To change the transmission fluid on your RANGER SP 570, RANGER SP 570 Premium or RANGER SP 570 NorthStar Edition, follow these steps. Tip: For optimal performance, always use Polaris-recommended fluids as described in your Owner's Manual.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and ensure it is in PARK.
2. Place a drain pan underneath the transmission. Tip: Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
3. Before removing, clean the area around the fill plug on the back of the transmission.
4. Remove the fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket and set aside.
5. Move underneath the vehicle and locate the drain plug through the hole in the skid plate.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Remove the drain plug with a 8mm Allen socket and allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Before reinstalling, clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug, and torque to 14 ft-lbs (19 Nm).
11. Using the recommended fluid, fill the transmission through the fill plug hole until it reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The transmission capacity is 40.6 fl oz (1200 mL).
12. Reinstall the transmission fill plug, and torque to 14 ft-lbs (19 Nm).
13. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
14. Dispose of the used fluid properly at your local recycling center.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.