Required Tools and Supplies:
- 6mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Shop Rags
- Nitrile Gloves
- Eye Protection
For more information on tools, read Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RANGER. To clean or replace the air filter on your RANGER SP 570, RANGER SP 570 Premium or RANGER SP 570 NorthStar Edition, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and ensure it is in PARK.
2. Pull up on the cargo box latch and pivot the box up.
3. Before continuing, clean the area around the air box with a clean, dry cloth.
4. Unlatch the six cover clips.
5. Lift the cover out to remove.
6. Inspect the airbox cover seal for any wear or damage and replace if necessary.
7. Loosen the clamp on the filter neck with a 6mm socket.
8. Slide the filter rearward to remove it from the intake duct and lift out of the air box.
9. Inspect the filter for excessive debris or damage and replace if necessary. The filter is part number 7082037.
10. Before continuing, clean the intake boot and air box thoroughly with a clean, dry cloth.
11. Ensure the air box cover is clean before reinstalling.
12. Reinstall the air filter, and ensure it is fully seated.
13. Align the clamp over the air filter and intake boot and torque the clamp to 26 in-lbs (3 Nm).
14. Reinstall the air box cover by aligning the cover seal along the grooves on the air box and pressing down firmly to engage the seal.
15. Secure six cover latches.
16. Before continuing, ensure the cover seal is properly seated.
17. Tilt the cargo box down and ensure it is properly latched.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.