This video demonstrates common maintenance procedures for your Polaris RANGER XP 1000 or RANGER CREW XP 1000. It includes checking your coolant level (:45) and tire pressure (1:10), inspecting your air filter (1:40), checking rear (2:37) and front (3:11) gearcase fluid, and inspecting and changing your belt (3:46).
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your RANGER. Make sure the vehicle is on a flat, level surface and in PARK before beginning maintenance. For a maintenance schedule, view this basic schedule or find the in-depth maintenance chart in your Owner's Manual.
- The coolant capacity is 5 quarts (4.75 liters).
- When adding coolant, remove both the cap (6) and plug (7) before filling the reservoir.
- The tire pressure on a RANGER XP 1000 should be 10 psi (69 kPa) on the front tires and 12 psi (82 kPa) on the rear tires.
- On a RANGER CREW XP 1000, the tire pressure should be 10 psi (69 kPa) on the front tires and 14 psi (96 kPa) on the rear tires.
- The air filter for a RANGER XP 1000 is part number 7082265.
- The air filter seal is part number 5814776.
- The transmission drain plug and fill plug require an 8mm Allen socket.
- They should be torqued to 10 to 14 ft-lbs (14 to 19 Nm).
- The transmission requires 44 ounces (1,300 mL) of AGL Gearcase Lubricant. It is part number 2878068 for 1 quart (946 ml) and part number 2878069 for 1 gallon (3.78 L).
- The front gearcase drain plug and fill plug require an 8mm Allen socket. They should be torqued to 8 to 10 ft-lbs (11 to 14 Nm).
- The front gearcase requires 8.5 oz (250 mL) of Demand Drive Fluid (part number 2877922).
- The belt cover is fastened with nine 8mm bolts. They should be torqued to 35 in-lbs (4 Nm).
- The clutch cover seal is part number 5416207.
- The drive belt is part number 3211186.
- Grease zerk fittings on the prop shaft and drive shaft following the maintenance intervals outlined in your Owner's Manual.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications for your vehicle can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.