Always clean all dirt and debris away from the airbox area before servicing the air filter on your Polaris RANGER. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves. Always change the air filter at the intervals outlined in the Periodic Maintenance Chart in your Owner's Manual. Service the air filter more frequently if the vehicle is operated in wet conditions or at high throttle openings for extended periods.
To replace the air filter on your RANGER 800, RANGER 800 XP, RANGER 800 HD or RANGER CREW 800, follow these steps:
1. Place the transmission in PARK.
2. Lift the cargo box to access the airbox.
3. Clean any dirt or debris from the airbox area.
4. Remove the airbox cover and inspect the gasket. It should adhere tightly to the cover and seal all the way around.
5. Remove the air filter. Tip: Grasp the filter end to prevent damage to the filter paper.
6. Inspect the air filter and replace if necessary. Do not attempt to clean the main element.
7. Inspect the airbox for oil or water deposits. If present, drain them into a suitable container.
8. Wipe down the airbox thoroughly.
9. Reinstall the filter if clean or install a new air filter. The air filter is part number 1240482. Tip: Apply a small amount of general purpose grease to the sealing edges of the filter before installing.
10. Reinstall the airbox cover, ensuring a proper seal.
11. Lower the cargo box.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.