VIDEO: RANGER EV Battery Storage
Any time your RANGER EV will be parked for more than a few hours, follow the recommended storage procedures:
1. Clean the batteries with a shop towel. Remove any corrosion from the connections and terminals.
2. Store the vehicle out of the sun in a cool, dry place, and ensure the area is well-ventilated.
3. Turn the key off.
4. Do not set the parking brake.
5. Verify the tire pressure is set to specification.
6. Block the wheels to prevent rolling.
7. Fully charge the batteries. Leave the charger connected to maintain a full charge during the storage period. Check it monthly to verify proper operation.
8. If you cannot leave the charger connected, check battery voltage each month during storage and recharge as needed to maintain a full charge. If the charger will not remain connected, the vehicle should be charged to at least a 50 to 70 percent state of charge. Caution: Do not cover the vehicle while the charger is connected. Dangerous levels of hydrogen gas could accumulate. When covering the vehicle, do not use plastic or coated materials. They do not allow enough ventilation to prevent condensation and may promote corrosion and oxidation.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.