Always clean all dirt and debris away from the airbox before servicing the air filter on your Polaris RANGER XP 900 or RANGER CREW XP 900. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing the air filter.
To clean or replace the air filter, follow these steps:
1. Place the transmission in PARK.
2. Raise the cargo bed.
3. Clean any dirt or debris from the airbox area.
4. Release the five airbox cover latches.
5. Pull the lower airbox downward to access the air filter.
6. Remove the air filter, inspect it and replace if necessary. In dusty conditions, air filter replacement will be required more often. Caution: If the filter has been soaked with fuel or oil, it must be replaced. Do not attempt to clean the air filter.
7. Wipe down the airbox thoroughly. Caution: Dirt or debris in the intake could result in severe engine damage. Always clean all dirt and debris from the intake before installing the filter.
8. Reinstall the air filter if clean or install a new filter. The air filter is part number 7081706. Caution: Use of non-Polaris-approved air filters may cause engine damage. Always use Polaris-approved replacement filters. Replacement filters are available at your Polaris Dealer.
9. Reposition the lower airbox and install the five clamps on the clover.
10. Lower the cargo bed.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.