Required Tools and Supplies:
- Torque Wrench
- 8mm Socket
- Shop Rags
- Fluid Filler
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Demand Drive Fluid (part number 2877922)
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RANGER. To change the front gearcase fluid on your RANGER 1000 or RANGER CREW 1000, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat level surface.
2. Place the vehicle in PARK.
3. Place a drain pan underneath the front gearcase. Tip: Place a rag in the bottom of the drain pan to prevent the splashing of oil.
4. Clean the area around the fill plug in the right front wheel well.
5. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the front gearcase fill plug.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the drain plug and allow the oil to drain completely.
8. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug and torque to 11 ft-lbs (15 Nm).
11. Using a fluid filler, fill the gearcase through the fill plug hole until oil reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The fluid capacity of the front gearcase is 7.6 ounces (225 milliliters). Demand Drive Fluid is part number 2877922.
12. Reinstall the gearcase fill plug. Torque to 8 to 10 ft-lbs (11-14 Nm).
13. Clean any residual oil off of the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
14. Dispose of the used oil properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.