Required Tools and Supplies:
- Shop Rags
- 8mm Allen Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Fluid Filler
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris GENERAL. To change the front gearcase fluid on your GENERAL XP 1000 or GENERAL XP 4 1000, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Ensure the vehicle is in PARK.
3. Place a drain pan underneath the front gearcase. Tip: Place a rag in the bottom of the drain pan to prevent the splashing of fluid.
4. Clean the area around the fill plug in the right front wheel well.
5. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the front gearcase fill plug.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the drain plug and allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 8 to 10 ft-lbs (11-14 Nm).
11. Fill the gearcase through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. Demand Drive Fluid is part number 2877922 for 1 quart (946 ml).
12. Reinstall the gearcase fill plug. Torque to 8 to 10 ft-lbs (11-14 Nm).
13. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
14. Dispose of the used fluid properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2021 Polaris Inc.