- 8mm long-shank Allen wrench
- Torque wrench
- Fluid filler
- Drain pan
- Shop rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RANGER. To change the front gearcase fluid on your RANGER 570 Mid-Size or RANGER CREW 570-4, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface.
2. Ensure the vehicle is in PARK.
3. Place a drain pan underneath the front gearcase.
4. Clean the area around the fill plug in the passenger-side front wheel well. Tip: Place a rag in the bottom of the drain pan to prevent the splashing of fluid.
5. Using an 8mm long-shank Allen wrench, remove the front gearcase fill plug and set aside.
6. Clean the area around the drain plug.
7. Using an 8mm long-shank Allen wrench, remove the drain plug and allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug. Torque to 10 ft-lbs (14 Nm).
11. Fill the gearcase through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The fluid capacity is 8.5 ounces (250 mL). Demand Drive Fluid is part number 2877922 for 1 quart (946 ml).
12. Reinstall the gearcase fill plug. Torque to 10 ft-lbs (14 Nm).
13. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
14. Dispose of the used fluid properly.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.