Tools and Supplies Required
- 8mm Allen Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Demand Drive Fluid
- Drain Pan
- Fluid Filler
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For more information on tools, read Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris vehicle. To change the front gearcase fluid on your RANGER SP 570, RANGER SP 570 Premium and RANGER SP 570 NorthStar Edition, follow these steps:
For optimal performance, always use Polaris-recommended fluids as described in your Owner’s Manual.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and ensure it is in PARK.
2. Place a drain pan underneath the front gearcase drain plug. Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
3. Before removing, clean the area around the fill plug in the driver’s side front wheel well.
4. Remove the front gearcase fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket and set aside.
5. Move underneath the vehicle and locate the drain plug through the hole in the skid plate.
6. Continue by cleaning the area around the drain plug.
7. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket and allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Before reinstalling, clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug and torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
11. Fill the gearcase through the fill plug hole until it reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The front gearcase capacity is 6.8 fl oz (200 mL). The Demand Drive Fluid is part number 2877922.
12. Reinstall the gearcase fill plug and torque to 12 ft-lbs (16 Nm).
13. Before continuing, clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
14. Dispose of the used fluid properly at your local recycling center.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Sachs® is a registered trademark of Friedrichshafen AG